Hiring A Motorbike In Phuket
Are you on a holiday in Phuket? Wouldn’t you just love to look at some of the most amazing sights which Phuket has to offer? Often people can’t seem to go the places they want to. Usually it’s because the local transport can turn out to be pretty expensive. With so many things to do and the fact that you are already on a budget you have to give up sightseeing quite a few places. In such instances if you know how to drive a motorbike it can come in pretty handy. Whether you are with your friends, family or alone hiring or renting a motorbike is a smart decision.
Why Hire A Motorbike In Phuket?
- You get to see all the places which you want to without the fear of shelling out hundreds of baht.
- Some people like the independence which comes with having their own personal ride.
- Riding into the sunset along the beach is a beautiful way to spend time with your partner.
- You can use the money you save to buy some good stuff for yourself.
- Hiring a motorbike in Phuket helps save time as well. You are free to come and go as you please with no fear of being abandoned late at night with no ride to take you home.
How Do I Go About Hiring A Bike In Phuket?
Congratulations on making a wise decision. Now that you have decided on hiring a motorbike, it’s just a matter of knowing a few things which can help you rent one as soon as possible. Read on to see how you can hire one of the best motorbikes in Phuket
Things Which You Will Need
When going to a local scooter hire make sure you have the following documents along with you
- A copy of your passport.
- A driving license, preferably Thai.
- Some handy cash.
The importance of the above documents is often mandatory at some scooter rentals. However many are willing to provide you a motorbike without these as well. But imagine if there is any mishap or you get stooped by the local police having the above mentioned documents can save you a great deal of trouble in the long run. Meanwhile also make sure you know all about the traffic rules followed in Phuket. This can help make the ride smoother and therefore enjoyable too.
No matter how much you yearn to ride a bike, if you haven’t ever ridden one before its advisable to learn riding one first. The first few times might seem difficult; however there are rides which are offered to inexperienced drivers as well. However you need to ask advise from the scooter rental where you decide to hire a motorbike. Chose a ride which is easy to manage and leave the heavy bikes for the biking pros. Similarly always wear a helmet while riding a bike in Phuket. It can help prevent minor as well as major injuries.
How To Go About Hiring A Motorbike In Phuket
Usually 125cc to 300cc motorbikes can be found for hire in the Phuket area. The price may range from anywhere to 250 to 650 baht per day. What every tourist must keep in mind though is that there is very limited insurance on the bike which you hire. If for example you crash the bike and damage it then you are the only one who’s solely responsible for making all the payments which would be incurred.
Here at Phuket Motorbike Rental we offer to pick and drop the bike to your place free of cost. The smartest move is to hire a motorbike from us rather than some less reputable providers. Renting a bike from a guy sitting on the road can save you a few bucks but it will also get you into a great deal of trouble.
In certain areas outside of our free delivery zone we require a small fee for the bike delivery. It depends on exactly where you are located in Phuket. Another thing which you must know is that once you hire a scooter you are responsible for the condition it’s in during the time of return. If the damage is new or there’s been an accident while the scooter is in your possession you will definitely have to pay whatever amount the damages amount to.
Another important factor to keep in mind is to make sure you get a written hire agreement which is proof that the scooter in your possession is legal and you haven’t just picked it up from the road. This will come in handy especially during tourist season when the local police become quite strict regarding traffic rules and safety.
Being Street Smart
Now that you have hired a motorbike in Phuket its time to get it on the road! Be sure to keep the following things in mind
- Always be polite and humble, that is going to score you more brownie points even if you are the one at fault.
- Adhere to the traffic rules. Phuket is one of the top 5 places in Thailand which has an alarmingly high rate of road accidents. Be smart, you just don’t want to be another statistic.
- Keep your license handy at all times. It will save you from a great deal of trouble.
- Make sure you keep a check on your scooter when it’s not in use.
Contact us today to hire a scooter in Phuket. We are reliable and have been renting out scooters to tourists for many years now. Check out our testimonials to see what our satisfied customers have to say about us.