Why Would You Use A Motorbike In Phuket
A trip to Phuket is a great way to spend some quality time with your loved one. Vacationing in Phuket is comparatively less of a strain on your pocket when compared to other tourist destinations around the world. Its paradise like beauty will take your breath away.
Obviously if you have decided to spend your vacations in Phuket it’s just as well that you explore the whole island at your leisure. What better way to take a look around the island than to hire a private scooter of your own. What’s more with the scooter at your disposal you can take off on the wanderlust whenever you feel the urge to.
No waiting around for taxis seems like a great option especially when the locals charge exorbitant sums for even paltry distances. Since there is such a great deal to look and explore in Phuket you might just as well use a rented Motorbike in Phuket.
Who Can Use A Motorbike In Phuket
Technically anyone over the age of 18 can rent a scooter in Phuket. However tourists might need to submit a copy of their passport. Beware though some scooter rentals might even ask you to submit an original document although here at Phuket Motorbike Rental we only require a copy. Though renting a motorbike from a known dealer like ourselves is always a better option than by renting one from a shady looking guy sitting on the street.
What’s The Big Deal About Renting A Motorbike In Phuket
There are a great many benefits of renting a motorbike in Phuket which are as follows.
- Renting scooters in Phuket is a relatively safe and effective way of having a great time exploring the area.
- You can be your own master and maneuver your bike wherever the fancy takes you.
- You can save up on quite a few baths by just paying about a 1000 baht per week for renting a scooter.
- Some scooters are designed to give great mileage. Choose a model which is known for its comfort and mileage, it will help make sightseeing all the more fun.
- Hiring a bike is better than hiring a car because Phuket’s traffic can make roads pretty congested. Bikers can easily pass through narrow spaces. What’s more finding a parking space is comparatively easier when you are riding a motorbike then using a car.
- Riding a motorbike is great fun. Its especially cool having to explore the island all on your own. Just make sure you carry a map with you. Being lost is not funny at all.
Safety Information For Those Looking To Rent A Scooter In Phuket
All tourists must keep the following things in mind before setting out on renting a scooter in Phuket
- Make sure that you are dealing with a person who is reliable. Check out for adverts in local papers and use your sixth sense as well.
- Avoid shady deals which offer unbelievably low prices. Chances are there might always be a catch. Saving a few baht is just not worth all the extra trouble in the long run.
- Make sure you possess your driving license. Though some rentals might ask for a Thai license but you definitely might not possess that since you are a tourist. However a driving license of your own can suffice as well.
- Make sure you can ride the kind of bike which you rent. Often lightweight bikes around 125cc to 150cc’s should be your best bet. They are easy to maneuver and don’t give a great deal of trouble. Often traffic jams can cause drivers to face difficulties while handling bikes. A smaller bike can save you from that kind of trouble.
- However if you decide to hire bigger bikes just be aware that the traffic in Phuket at times can be a cause of severe headache. Moving around in a vehicle which is large and heavy is not quite possible, especially in Phuket. Though if you are interested in touring off road destinations then a ride on the heavy bike can make up for some great adventure.
- Always wear a helmet. Even if you see many locals careening around without one you don’t want to get yourself involved in any sort of accident. In fact if you refuse to wear one the local police can often fine you as well. That would spoil the whole vacation mood. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
Choosing a scooter for rent in Phuket is definitely easy but keeping the above mentioned things in mind will help make your trip fun and enjoyable. Everyone likes hassle free vacations. Hire a motorbike in Phuket and go about exploring the myriad of places which Phuket is so well known for. Happy travelling!